Grilled Southwest Egg Rolls
Our Grilled Southwest Egg Rolls are a wonderful addition to any get-together! They have the perfect amount of heat and our cool Avocado Ranch Dip is a must! We love the elevated flavor we can achieve from using our Traeger Wood-Fired Grill*. You won't miss fried egg rolls once you taste our grilled version! This is our go-to recipe for feeding a crowd!
*We may earn a small commission when you purchase products through our links. Our disclosure policy.
Make the dip and refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving. The flavor develops the longer it sits, and the vinegar maintains the green color of the avocado.
Avocado Ranch Dip
1 Avocado, mashed
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons buttermilk
3 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
Combined ingredients in a mixing bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 2+ hours.
Grilled Southwest Egg Rolls
Extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, diced
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, diced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
8 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
2 cups Colby jack cheese, grated
14-15 flour tortillas (6" size)
Preheat your Traeger Wood-Fired Grill (lid closed) or oven to 400℉ (We used Traeger Signature Blend Hardwood Pellets)
1. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil into a large sauté pan. Bring to medium-high heat. Add the red pepper, green onions, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes.
2. Add the black beans, corn, chopped spinach, jalapeños, parsley, cumin, and chili powder. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Lower the heat to medium. Add the shredded chicken and mix to combine. Add the cheese and turn off the heat. Continue mixing until the cheese has melted.
4. Fill each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the filling. Fold in the ends and roll over the tortilla to seal in the filling. Use a toothpick in the center of each to secure the egg roll.
5. Lightly brush the egg rolls with olive oil and place them directly on the grill. If using the oven, place them on a sheet pan. Cook for 10 minutes, flip and cook another 10 minutes.
6. Allow the egg rolls to cool a few minutes before slicing diagonally and serving with the chilled Avocado Ranch Dip!
Our printable recipe card, photos, and favorite tools are below! Enjoy!
Used in this recipe:
Traeger Signature Blend Hardwood Pellets
Traeger Drip Tray Aluminum Liner
Wusthof Classic 7-inch Nakiri Knife
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
Caraway Set (We own the sage color)