Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Strawberry rhubarb in all forms makes me happy, but this delicious cobbler is food for the soul! Our recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and tart! The topping is golden on the outside, and fluffy on the interior. Top with ice cream, and my personal favorite, a dusting of cinnamon, to bring a smile to everyone who tries it!
*We may earn a small commission when you purchase products through our links. Our disclosure policy.
Strawberry Rhubarb Filling
3 ½ cups strawberries, quartered
3 cups of rhubarb stems, diced to ½”
1 cup sugar
2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed & cold
⅔ cup buttermilk, cold
*sugar for topping
Preheat your oven 350℉
Butter a 9x13 baking dish
1. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the filling ingredients. Mix until well combined, and pour into the greased baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well with a fork. Add the cubed cold butter. Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Keep cutting the butter in until the pieces of butter are roughly pea-sized or slightly larger. Add the cold buttermilk. Gently mix with a fork. We are looking for the dough to just come together. You want to see the pieces of butter throughout the dough. It is important to not overmix, or your biscuits will be dense. You can find photos below of the consistency you are aiming for!
3. Use two large spoons to drop biscuits over the top of the strawberry rhubarb mixture. Gently flatten the top of each biscuit a little with the back of your spoon. Sprinkle each biscuit generously with sugar.
4. Cook in your preheated oven for 45 minutes. The biscuit tops will be slightly golden in color, and the filling will be bubbling.
5. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Our favorite tools, photos, and printable recipe card are below! Enjoy!
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
Wusthof Classic 7-inch Nakiri Knife