Blueberry Cheese Danish
We use our Blueberry Maple Sauce for this light and flaky cheese danish. The vanilla glaze brings all the flavors together for the perfect treat! You may also enjoy using our recipe for Grammie's Raspberry Jam as an option!
*We may earn a small commission when you purchase products through our links. Our disclosure policy.
Blueberry Maple Sauce, 6 tablespoons (click for recipe & chill fully before using)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1 egg, beaten for egg wash
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
1 puff pastry sheet, defrost on the counter for 20 minutes before use
Flour for rolling out pastry
1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons whole milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 375℉
1. While the puff pastry is defrosting on the counter, add the cream cheese, egg yolk, pinch of salt, vanilla extract, and confectioners sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat on a low speed for 1 minute, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, and continue to mix on a low speed for 1 minute, until combined. Transfer into a pastry bag or a resealable bag with the corner cut off.
2. Lightly flour your work surface. Gently unfold the pastry sheet, lightly flour the top, and use a rolling pin to roll about 2-3 times horizontally and vertically. Use a sharp knife to cut 9 rectangles. (Photos are below the recipe card)
3. Transfer the rectangles to your prepared sheet pans. Pipe a square of cheese filling into the center of each danish.
4. Top the cheese filling of each danish with 2 teaspoons of Blueberry Maple Sauce.
5. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash around the edges of each danish.
6. Transfer sheet pans into the preheated oven. Cook for 15 minutes. Rotate the pans and cook for another 10 minutes. The danish will be golden brown and will have puffed up.
7. Allow the danishes to cool a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
8. While the danishes are cooling, combine the ingredients for the glaze into a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth, and transfer into a pastry bag or a resealable bag with the corner cut off. Drizzle the glaze over each danish before serving.
Our printable recipe card, photos, and favorite tools are below! Enjoy!