Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are magic! Our cookies are buttery, crispy on the edges, and perfectly gooey in the middle. Your home will smell incredible for hours after these sweet treats are baked!
*We may earn a small commission when you purchase products through our links. Our disclosure policy.
Makes 2½ dozen (using 1 oz cookie scoop)
*Please note we chill the dough for one hour before baking.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1¾ sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature (14 Tbs)
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips (I use 1 cup dark chocolate & 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate)
*Optional flaky sea salt for sprinkling after baked
2. Add butter and sugars to the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on a low speed to start, increase to a medium speed, and mix for 2 minutes.
3. Scrape down the sides of your bowl with a spoon or spatula. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix on a low speed until combined, about 1 minute.
4. Add half of your flour mixture into the wet ingredients, and mix on a low speed for about 10-15 seconds. Add the remaining flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Do not over-mix! Remove the paddle attachment.
5. Add the chocolate chips, and use a spatula to fold them in gently.
6. Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper. I use two baking sheets at a time and cook in batches. I like to cook 6 per baking sheet with the ones linked above, refrigerating the dough between batches to keep it cool. If you want to freeze your dough, roll it into balls before placing them in a freezer-safe bag.
8. Use a 1oz scoop to measure out your cookies. Quickly roll the dough into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 minutes. The cookies will be golden brown on the edges but remain soft in the center. The cookies will settle a bit after removing from the oven. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if you would like! Allow them to cool a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Allow the cookies to cool before storing them in an airtight container. We hope these become your new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Our favorite tools, photos, and printable recipe card are below! Enjoy!
Creamed butter & sugar